Frequently Asked Questions
At ManiDental, we want everyone to have access to dental care regardless of your financial situation. We offer a membership option that is economical and provides preventative dental services to you the patient. Check out our ManiDental Plan or call our office at 336-835-3337 and we’ll provide you with the types of services covered and the cost.
- Your hygienist will discuss your health history and diet to determine how it impacts your dental health. These includes any recent medical events that could impact our providing any dental services.
- We use Bitewing x-rays for specific teeth to help see between the teeth to check for decay, and under the gum to check bone levels. These are recommended every year.
- We use a panorex x-ray, which takes a 360-degree picture of your mouth, and is recommended to be done every 5 years, with periodontal charting to measure your gum tissue and check for bone-loss around your teeth and any gum disease.
- Cleaning your teeth which includes removing all tarter and buildup, polishing, and flossing.
- Oral cancer screening including an intra-oral and extra-oral exam.
- Dr. Manigault or Dr. Maltba will also provide you with a comprehensive oral exam, answer any questions you have, and recommend a restorative treatment plan, if required.
Dental health varies from person to person, and changes with our bodies and diets. A general rule for adult patients is to visit a dentist every 6 months, even if your mouth is in excellent condition. This way, you can get your teeth professionally cleaned and maintain excellent oral health. The best words to hear are, “you haven’t had a cavity in a long-time.”
In addition to daily brushing for 2 minutes twice a day and flossing, take your oral hygiene to the next level by following a few steps to good dental health. These include:
- Using products that contain fluoride or xylitol
- Limiting snacks that are high in sugar or acid
- Eating a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoiding tobacco in any form.
Your dentist should take a full set of dental X-rays early into the doctor-patient relationship. X-rays help your doctor monitor any changes that could be happening in your teeth between appointments. Most adult patients have bitewing X-rays every year and a full mouth series every five years. But those with a higher risk of dental problems may need them every six to 18 months.
A beautiful smile with clean, white teeth is a huge confidence booster. Most people experience some discoloration of teeth over the years, either from surface stains or internal ones. Treat stains caused by coffee, wine, tobacco, and pigmented foods with at-home whitening or have professional, in-office whitening done regularly. Discuss concerns with your hygienist or dentist.
- Yes, we can help process your insurance.
- We offer our services under the “Out-of-Network” provider heading on your insurance company’s web page or in their booklet.
- Processing your insurance enables us to meet your dental needs while honing the flexibility to work with all insurance provider companies as an Out-of-Network provider.
- However, we are not accepting Medicaid at this time.
- Yes, we offer an in-house membership plan.
- This plan is cost-effective and offers essential dental treatment services to you and your family.
- Check out our ManiDental Plan for more information.
- Note: This isn’t dental insurance and can only be accepted within our office.
- We care about every individual’s dental health, so yes, we are currently accepting new patients.
- Please call our dental office at 336-835-3337 to book a time for your appointment.
- Complete our new patient form to provide details of you or a family member’s medical history.
- We require payment for dental services on the day you receive the service.
- We will forward you an accurate estimate of your bill before you arrive. However, your treatment cost may increase depending on what the dentist recommends or discovers.
- We also consider your insurance coverage for treatment.
- We accept payment via cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- You’ll receive the best oral care in Elkin, NC, from our warm and friendly professional team.
- The dental hygienist will examine you by conducting an oral cancer screening and checking for tooth decay.
- The dentist will perform dental x-rays, clean your teeth and gums, and take your gum measurements.